> I have tested few other hypervisoers and for desktop virtualization,
> virualbox impressed me a lot . vmware-server is targeted for server
> level virtualization which may take a bit more resources ( but i have
> no data here). Personally i believe for desktop vmware-workstation
Yeah I felt the same until I hit the obsd segfault :-) Like I
mentioned previously, vbox does not properly emulate CPU instruction
sets(x86 properly) and obsd caught it while doing so. Hence, even
simple programs (such as 'cat') were segfaulting in obsd4.5. I feel
you are possibly right regarding the resource utilization of VMware
server/workstation VS. VirtualBox. In that, VirtualBox occupies less
resident memory space than the former and is less resource hungry in
general.
[...]
--
Regards,