Dear all,

I have been thinking about the recent activity of Microsoft giving
serial keys of windows 7, windows xp, and many other products to the
college students through their so called ELMS server or say msdna. I
guess it is trying to attract many of college students by providing
the genuine windows and other products. And I think some of those who
are trying to switch to the open source are getting pulled by the
"Genuine" Microsoft products. Also, many college labs are going to be
reinstalled with genuine OS of Microsoft.

In such situation, what can we do to increase the interest of students/
colleges to the open source? We don't want the labs with Linux OS
replaced with Genuine Microsoft OS. So, I wanted to drag everyone's
attention to this.

Regards,

Binaya Raj Shrestha