Bruno Cornec said on Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 11:50:21PM +0100:

> Then I have issues with the postgresql conf, which is normal as I didn't
> finished that part. Will work on that just now.

I'm working in an empty chroot to test the fossology install, so I have
no previous postgresql install setup. Here is the result of my latest
install:

*** Checking database connectivity ***
ERROR: Unable to connect to the database
  Connection string: 'dbname=fossology host=localhost user=fossy
password=fossy'
  Connection status: '1'
ERROR: Failed to open database
ERROR: unable to connect to database, please check
/etc/fossology/Db.conf
FATAL: shm_open: Function not implemented
FATAL: shm_open failed with errno=38

Which seems to come from hte dbcheck command.
Anybody can help me create at least a correct basic environment from
scratch that could be working ? (Sorry I know a bit more MySQL rather
than PostgreSQL for that).

Bruno.

Latest log:
Running Transaction
  Installing: fossology                    #########################
[1/1]
Initialisation de la base de données :[  OK  ]
Démarrage du service postgresql:[  OK  ]
Rechargement de httpd :[ÉCHOUÉ]
*** Running postinstall for everything ***
*** Setting up the FOSSology database ***
*** Initializing database ***
CREATE ROLE
SET
SET
SET
CREATE DATABASE
ALTER DATABASE
Vous êtes maintenant connecté à la base de données « fossology ».
CREATE LANGUAGE
SET
SET
SET
COMMENT
SET
SET
SET
*** Creating user and group ***
NOTE: group 'fossy' already exists, good.
NOTE: user 'fossy' already exists, good.
*** Making sure needed dirs exist with right ownership/permissions ***
NOTE: Repository already exists at /srv/fossology/repository
NOTE: /srv/fossology/repository/localhost directory already exists
*** Checking database connectivity ***
ERROR: Unable to connect to the database
  Connection string: 'dbname=fossology host=localhost user=fossy
password=fossy'
  Connection status: '1'
ERROR: Failed to open database
ERROR: unable to connect to database, please check
/etc/fossology/Db.conf
FATAL: shm_open: Function not implemented
FATAL: shm_open failed with errno=38
error: %post(fossology-trunk-1.centos5.x86_64) scriptlet failed, exit
status 255

Installed: fossology.x86_64 0:trunk-1.centos5
Complete!

--
Linux Profession Lead EMEA  / Open Source Ambassador \   EMEA CME SoL. Center
http://www.mondorescue.org / HP/Intel Solution Center \  http://hpintelco.net