Your permissions are correct.

Can you please try running the utility directly (with the -L option)?  You
should see something like this:

la...@mysystem:~$ /usr/lib/fossology/mkschedconf -L
agent=wget host=localhost | /usr/lib/fossology/agents/wget_agent -d
/var/lib/fossology/agents
agent=unpack host=localhost | /usr/lib/fossology/agents/engine-shell unpack
'/usr/lib/fossology/agents/ununpack -d /srv/fossology/repository/ununpack/%{U}
-qRCQx'
agent=adj2nest host=localhost | /usr/lib/fossology/agents/adj2nest
agent=filter_license host=localhost | /usr/lib/fossology/agents/Filter_License
agent=filter_license host=localhost | /usr/lib/fossology/agents/Filter_License
agent=filter_license host=localhost | /usr/lib/fossology/agents/Filter_License
agent=license host=localhost | /usr/lib/fossology/agents/bsam-engine -L 20 -A 0
-B 60 -G 15 -M 10 -E -T license -O n -- - /var/lib/fossology/agents/License.bsam
agent=license host=localhost | /usr/lib/fossology/agents/bsam-engine -L 20 -A 0
-B 60 -G 15 -M 10 -E -T license -O n -- - /var/lib/fossology/agents/License.bsam
agent=licinspect host=localhost | /usr/lib/fossology/agents/licinspect
agent=licinspect host=localhost | /usr/lib/fossology/agents/licinspect
agent=mimetype host=localhost | /usr/lib/fossology/agents/mimetype
agent=mimetype host=localhost | /usr/lib/fossology/agents/mimetype
agent=mimetype host=localhost | /usr/lib/fossology/agents/mimetype
agent=specagent host=localhost | /usr/lib/fossology/agents/specagent
agent=filter_clean host=localhost | /usr/lib/fossology/agents/filter_clean -s
agent=delagent host=localhost | /usr/lib/fossology/agents/delagent -s
agent=sqlagent host=localhost | /usr/lib/fossology/agents/sqlagent
agent=sqlagenthost host=localhost | /usr/lib/fossology/agents/sqlagent -a sql
agent=pkgmetagetta host=localhost | /usr/lib/fossology/agents/pkgmetagetta
agent=pkgmetagetta host=localhost | /usr/lib/fossology/agents/pkgmetagetta
agent=pkgmetagetta host=localhost | /usr/lib/fossology/agents/pkgmetagetta
agent=fosscp_agent host=localhost | /usr/lib/fossology/agents/engine-shell
fosscp_agent '/usr/bin/cp2foss %{*}'

If you get this result, please run it again and redirect the output to the
location for the Scheduler.conf file (/etc/fossology/Scheduler.conf).  After
that, try starting the fossology scheduler again.  If it fails, please send me
the entire log.

Thanks,
Mary