> Hello all.
>
>      I recently install fossology v 1.1 and made the decision to not use
> the /repo/  sub directory in Apache.  I got everything to work, except
> the link in the email message always returns
> http://$hostname/repo/?...    I tracked this down to routine
> /usr/local/bin/fo_notify, which reads file Db.conf to extract the
> database server name, calculate the fully qualified hostname and then
> concantenates http:// $hostname and
> /repo/?mod=showjobs&history=1&upload=$upload_id

Interesting!
That is also wrong because
1) the database server might not be the same machine as the web frontend
2) the hostname used in Db.conf might not be the same as the preferred web
frontend hostname. For example on the repo.fossology.org cluster, Db.conf
uses a private hostname in order to ensure that the db traffic is going
over the private network rather than the public. But even if it used the
public name, that is not the same as the preferred name of
repo.fossology.org.

The problem is that the proper url is defined in the apache config. Within
the web frontend PHP we use all relative paths to avoid this problem. But
here we need to construct the full url and since fo_notify is a command
line program, it can't determine the path from the URL it was called with :(

> If no one has worked on this,  I wouldn't mind changing fo_notify to
> accept an optional string that defines the URL prefix (everything up to
> the "?").  My original thought was to look for an optional file Url.conf
> for the prefix and then look for Db.conf if Url.conf isn't found.  I was
> wondering if there was a more logical place for this option (or maybe I
> misconfigured the original installation?)

I wish there was a cleaner way to do it than that, but I can't think of
one. It might be useful to have that available for other stuff too. One
thing we talked about a long time ago was where should your browser be
directed if you click on the fossology logo on the web interface. Maybe
this would be helpful for that too.

--
Matt Taggart
tagg...@fossology.org