nascent mind wrote:
Correct me if I am wrong but if two departments should not be seeing each others code I would have to install fossology separately in these 2 departments isn't it.

That is correct. Not very efficient. We have been focusing on improving license analysis detection and performance, as well as adding a copyright agent and have achieved that for the next release (1.2). I will bring this up as a candidate for the 1.3 release, that's the best we can do for now.

Would having the ability to export the reports into pdf or onto another web-site meet your needs? For example, if fossology could export the desired reports to another web-site on the same server, that should solve this. So each department would have their own mini web site that just has their data on it? Just thinking out loud.