Dave,

Installing from source on 9.10 should work. Did you use the packages or source? It appears you tried to upgrade from 1.1.0, which makes sense..... I'll start looking into this.

Dave McLoughlin wrote:

Hi folks,

I'm running into a few issue with installing (upgrading, I had 1.10 installed) Fossology 1.2.1 on Ubuntu and was hoping someone might be able to assist me.

issues:
1) fo-installdeps - I get an error that I have an Unknown or Unsupport version of Ubuntu. I have Ubuntu 9.10 installed. Here are the last few lines of the console:

  libstdc++6-4.3-dev linux-headers-2.6.28-15 g++-4.3 phonon
  libmysqlclient15off phonon-backend-gstreamer libmagick++1 libphonon4
  libkadm55 librsvg2-dev postgresql-8.3 linux-headers-2.6.28-15-generic
  qt4-qtconfig
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.
ERROR: Unknown or Unsupported Ubuntu release

2) After the install I'm see the following in my browser when I navigate to http://localhost/repo/:

Warning: file_get_contents(/usr/local/etc/fossology/Db.conf) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /usr/local/share/fossology/www/plugins/core-db.php on line 91

Warning: pg_pconnect() [function.pg-pconnect]: Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: FATAL: database "www-data" does not exist in /usr/local/share/fossology/www/plugins/core-db.php on line 91

Warning: pg_last_error(): supplied argument is not a valid PostgreSQL link resource in /usr/local/share/fossology/www/plugins/core-db.php on line 136

The user/group is set to root on those files. Do they need to fossy/fossy?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

thanks

Mark Donohoe
OS&T, Cupertino CA.