Mary

From: fossology-boun...@fossology.org [mailto:fossology-boun...@fossology.org]
On Behalf Of Gobeille, Robert
Sent: Thursday, January 06, 2011 10:16 AM

<snip>

One thing we have received very little feedback on is the switch from bsam to
nomos.  This has surprised me.  I wonder what will happen when we remove all
the bsam code.  Then none of the bsam results will be accessible.

Bob Gobeille

<snip>
--- Begin Message ---
Hello FOSSologists,

As you may recall, we have been making noises about removing the bSAM license
analyzer from FOSSOlogy for several months.  In preparation for that, a new
license analyzer (nomos) was introduced in release 1.2.0.  The bSAM menus and
functionality have remained in FOSSology, but we stopped support and
enhancement of bSAM to encourage users to start using the new nomos analyzer.
The bSAM functionality is scheduled to be removed in the first half of 2011.

If you have bSAM generated license analysis results in your database, you will
no longer have access to the results once bSAM is removed.  Furthermore, there
is NO upgrade path from bSAM results to nomos results.  Therefore, you MUST
rerun license analysis on your uploads using the nomos analyzer introduced in
1.2.0.

You can run nomos analysis on uploads using these steps:

1. Select “Jobs” → “Agents” from the top menu bar.

2. Select the folder containing the upload you wish to analyze.

3. Select the upload to analyze.

4. A list of analyses available for the upload are listed in step 3 of the
window.

5. Select the one you wish to run and Click on the “Analyze” button.

6. The job is automatically queued up & run.

If you have any questions, please email us at
fossology@fossology.org<mailto:fossology@fossology.org>.

Thanks,

The FOSSology Project

--- End Message ---