> during the make install, I'm seeing:
>
> make[2]: Entering directory =
> `/home/dave/fossology-1.3.0/agents/copyright'
> /usr/bin/install -D copyright /usr/local/lib/fossology/agents/
> /usr/bin/install: cannot overwrite directory =
> `/usr/local/lib/fossology/agents/copyright' with non-directory
> make[2]: *** [install] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/dave/fossology-1.3.0/agents/copyright'
> make[1]: *** [install-copyright] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/dave/fossology-1.3.0/agents'
> make: *** [install-agents] Error 2

When upgrading a "make install" (rather than using packages) you need to
clean up the old binaries before installing the new ones. There are two
ways to do this

1.) if you still have the source tree from old version, do a 'make
uninstall'.

2.) use the utils/fo-cleanold script. Because you want to keep your data
use it without any flags in order to just delete the binaries. (DO NOT use
any of the --delete* options). This is easier than #1.

I think this is documented somewhere, but I couldn't find it. It should be
added to either the INSTALL doc or maybe a new UPGRADE doc.

--
Matt Taggart
tagg...@fossology.org