Mark,

I double checked and the postgresql.conf file has the changes listed in the
INSTALL doc.  I've also made the other listed config changes.

I had tried to do a deb install first, but couldn't get it to work.  I have
Ubuntu 11.04 and it looks like the deb packages don't support that version
of the OS.  So I cleaned everything off and build it from source.  The
fo-installdeps did not work and gave an error message that said "Unsupported
version of Ubuntu."  So I manually installed the dependencies with Synaptic
package manager.

The pg_hba.conf is identical to the one I have on an older version of Ubuntu
where I have fossology 1.3.0 installed and running fine.

So I'm not sure where the problem is at this point.

Thanks,

Dave