On Mon, 2020-03-16 at 22:48 +0100, Michael C. Jaeger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> it is for this:
>
> https://salsa.debian.org/fossology-team/fossology

Oh, it's in salsa already!? That's good news.

And there's an ITP:

> -> not ready, work in progress.

Understood. :-)

I wonder if the packaging is a good time to review the overall
architecture of FOSSology? I say that because I think that the Docker
image might use some love. It ships with it both apache and Postgress
which is somewhat different from the micro-architecture approach that
docker lends itself to. I can't run the docker image because I have a
nginx as a reverse proxy / web server and apache needs to bind to port
80 in the container and that means I need to edit the docker file, etc.

It would seem to me that if you're clearly defining the dependencies in
the packaging then you can use that to shrink the docker image to just
the FOSSology application, allowing users to use their web server of
choice and install Postgres separately.

Cheers,

Jeremiah

This e-mail and any attachment(s) are intended only for the recipient(s) named
above and others who have been specifically authorized to receive them. They
may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient,
please do not read this email or its attachment(s). Furthermore, you are hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail and any
attachment(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in
error, please immediately notify the sender by replying to this e-mail and then
delete this e-mail and any attachment(s) or copies thereof from your system.
Thank you.