On Wed, 2021-02-10 at 11:13 +0000, Michael C. Jaeger wrote:
> After the match is before the match: GSOC 21
> Location:     Microsoft Teams Meeting
> Start time:   Wednesday, February 17 4:00 AM
> End time:     Wednesday, February 17 5:00 AM

I'm not likely to be able to attend live at that time but...

> In order to prepare our application (which shall include topic
> proposals) we would like to invite for an open conf call in Teams –
> for everyone who is interested in contributing to the GSoC 2021
> application, for example with topic proposals. Please see the page
> already prepared by Gaurav here as well:
>
> https://github.com/fossology/fossology/wiki/Google-Summer-of-Code-Proposals-2021

Is the project interested in integrating "yet another" license scanner?
I know that there's already Nomos and Monk, but there's quite a bit of
activity around scancode toolkit as well.  The project is active and
due to that, it has a good chance of being kept up to date with newer
licenses, e.g. SSPL.

It seems like the addition of a scancode agent would be a reasonable,
well-defined and actionable project for the GSoc.

Thoughts?

-Bryan Sutula