*What a wonderful year 2018 was!*

We are very excited to share with you some of our best moments,
achievements, and great conferences/events which happened throughout the
fiscal year in our annual report
<https://www.gnome.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/GNOMEAnnualReport-2018-final.pdf>.

*Highlights include:
*

  * Two new releases, 3.28 and 3.30, with some great new features and
    support for Thunderbolt 3 connections with added security checks
    that are designed to prevent data theft.
    Many improvements have been added for configuring touchpads and
    Bluetooth devices.

  * The GNOME screen reading application, Orca, saw a significant amount
    of refinement. A large number of bugs were fixed.
    Orca now has better interaction with GNOME Shell, with improvements
    to performance, minimizing searches for unrelated labels, and many
    fixes for gnome-shell extensions.

  * GNOME moved to Gitlab: this was definitely one of of the most
    impactful transitions. With around 5344 opened issues, 9717 closed
    issues and 7085 merged requests merged Gitlab is now not only a code
    hub but also beneficial for the whole community as a project
    management tool used by the engagement team, conference organization
    team, and Board of Directors and by other communities.

  * We counted 15 unique event locations, 17 events, 7 conferences
    attended and 10 hackfests which GNOME organized and/or attended.
    2018 brings memories of GUADEC in Almeria, LAS in Denver , GNOME
    ASIA in Taipei, and many other successful events.

  * Financially speaking two large donations were received in 2017 which
    is reflected in more budget for events, hackfests, doubled our
    sponsorship for the Outreachy Program and allowed us to increase the
    GNOME Foundation staff.
    Many thanks to our small donors and all companies that support us in
    our mission.

  *

    GNOME had 15 students who successfully finished Google Summer of
    Code, and two who successfully completed Outreachy internship by
    working in GNOME core applications, libraries, and new projects.

        Thank you Caroline Henriksen for your amazing work in the design
of this report.

        For more information and details please see the Annual Report
<https://www.gnome.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/GNOMEAnnualReport-2018-final.pdf>.

        Cheers and looking forward to coming years!

        Best,
        Kristi