Name: Tobias Bernard
Email: tbern...@gnome.org
Corporate affiliation: Purism

Hi all,

I'd like to announce my candidacy for the upcoming board elections.

I've been using GNOME for over a decade, and actively contributing on the
design team since 2016. Over the past 5 years I've worked on most new
user-facing features and initiatives, such as the 2019 app icon redesign and
the GNOME 40 shell refresh. As part of my work for Purism I've also been
heavily involved with porting apps to mobile form factors, and improving our
developer story in the process with Libhandy/Libadwaita.

I believe my deep involvement with many different parts of our product and
various sub-communities within the project would be an asset when it comes to
communication with our developer community as well as the broader public.

If elected I'd like to help improve communication both internally and
externally, and work on outreach to potential new contributors outside the
traditional open source demographics. I have not served on a non-profit board
before, but I'm excited about learning everything necessary to be an effective
board member.

Thanks,
Tobias