On Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 5:39 PM, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dal...@gmail.com>wrote:

> 2009/1/24 Anthony <wikim...@inbox.org>:
> > Mike took us off on a tangent when he insisted that the concept of "moral
> > rights" was a purely legal construction, but up until then I thought
> things
> > were going well.
>
> Or you went off on a tangent when you started talking about moral
> rights in a more general sense that was strictly relevant to the
> discussion. Either way, a tangent was certainly gone off on.

My point of view is that the proposed license update is a violation of the
moral rights of the contributors.  If Mike is going to deny that moral
rights exist in the first place, then I feel the need to explain that they
do.

I guess I could just ignore this point, as rather self-evidently false, but
I was also interested in why he felt that way.

Anyway, I don't know where this leaves us.  At least one moderator has
suggested that this needs to stop, so it's unclear whether it's possible to
discuss this issue at all.