On Sat, Jun 5, 2010 at 8:03 PM,  <susanpgard...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Austin, think about who "everyone" is.  The folks here on foundation-l are
> not representative of readers.  The job of the user experience team is to try
> to balance all readers' needs, which is not easy, and will sometimes involve
> making decisions that not everyone agrees with. People here have given some
> useful input, but I think it's far from obvious that the user experience team
> has made a "mistake.". (I'm not really intending to weigh in on this
> particular issue -- I'm speaking generally.)

Regarding calling it a mistake, I'm making this judgment based not on
my personal opinion—which is by now abundantly clear—but on the
scientific basis that forming a conclusion without data makes for a
bad conclusion.

It's true that I wouldn't bother to weigh in on the process if I
agreed with the outcome.  I think that's true for most of us.  But
since I'm bothering anyway, I may as well say that the process is
flawed, and the decision doesn't logically follow the facts—since we
haven't measured (scientific jargon, here) the facts in the first
place.

Austin