2011/1/27 Jesse (Pathoschild) <pathosch...@gmail.com>:
> These messages are available to all wikis
> (including non-Wikimedia wikis), instead of just one wiki.

That means contributing as a volunteer to a variety of websites with
different principles. Wikimedia is a non profit and it is dedicated to
the distribution of culture and knowledge, and this is what I am
interested in. I am not interested in contributing voluntarily for,
say, Intellipedia,  the CIA's wiki (they probably use a non-mediawiki
software, but they could).

There is a difference between letting non-Wikimedia wikis copy
everything they want (fork anything they want) from Wikimedia contents
and software, and working together with them, finding compromises half
way between their needs and ours.