Something better than Wikipedia ?
I can think of something right off the bat.

Kill the copyright police who do nothing useful and harm the project immensely.

solely upon the person who uploaded the copyrighted item, not on people who
merely link to it.  That would allow us to link to YouTube videos for example
(not host them, just link to them).

Why read an article on Wikipedia about say.... Shirley Temple, if someone else
has an identical article AND video streaming as well so you can watch one of
her movie or a newsreel interview.

Re-hosters will eventually figure this out,  grab all of our content and
improve upon it.  We should get there before they do.

Will