On Sat, Jan 21, 2012 at 5:32 PM, MZMcBride <z...@mzmcbride.com> wrote:
> Sumana Harihareswara wrote:
>> Thanks to all of you for your feedback on this.  We've now finalized the
>> policy and it now lives at
>>
>> https://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Friendly_space_policy

Thank you for working on this, Sumana.

> I don't think the Volunteer Development Coordinator (or any Wikimedia
> Foundation employee) has the power or authority to institute policies like
> this, particularly Wikimedia-wide.

Perhaps you misread the width of this policy.
Staff can and generally do set policies affecting WMF-run processes
and events.
Most have not to date been recorded on the wmfwiki; it is good to see
that change.

> I'm inclined to move this into Sumana's user space for now. It seems like a
> straightforward policy to have, so it shouldn't be too much trouble to have
> an accompanying Board resolution, though some of the language will
> undoubtedly need to be tweaked first.

It is fine where it is.

As for the right place to post comments or suggestions related to such
policies: we should turn on comments for the talk pages on the
wmfwiki.  Most if not all of the pages there could use some sort of
polishing and updating over time.

Sam.