Hi,

2009/6/8 Luis Villa <l...@tieguy.org>:
> 2009/6/5 Luis Villa <luis.vi...@gmail.com>:
>> At any rate, I agree completely that we need some strong leaders to develop
>> in GNOME. But the Foundation is not the place for it. I think the right
>> question is 'why have leaders not come from other sources? what can the
>> Foundation do, if anything, to help other leaders emerge and get the support
>> they need to do their work?' I have no easy answers to either of these,
>> though.
>
> Or to put it more bluntly, now that I think of it: why don't we have a
> BDFL? Why have we chewed up and spit out all the potential candidates
> for the title?

Another important question is: leader of what? BDFL of what? I
honestly don't see how only one leader could alone set the direction
for desktop, platform, mobile, web, marketing, release management,
etc. We're just too big today. I've commented before[1] that we should
definitely consider having more clear/official leadership on specific
domains of the project.

--lucasr

[1]
http://blogs.gnome.org/lucasr/2008/06/15/notes-on-the-future-of-gnome-problems-and-questions/