Em 12-12-2009 11:31, Philip Van Hoof escreveu:
On Sat, 2009-12-12 at 09:51 +0000, Rui Miguel Silva Seabra wrote:
I have a personal blog and when I asked planet.openmoko.org to add my
posts, I gave them the RSS feed corresponding to posts under the tag
OpenMoko.

Perhaps it would be a simpler suggestion to pass on the aggregated
bloggers that after date X only posts with the tag GNOME will be aggregated?

This is what Stormy replied in the thread:

From: Stormy Peters <stormy.pet...@gmail.com>
Date: 12/10/2009 03:46:37 PM (Thu, 10 Dec 2009 07:46:37 -0700)

Planet GNOME is about people and we display everyone's full blog feed
as it represents them.                                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
There are people that work on proprietary software as well as GNOME
and that's who they are. I don't think we should reject people because
they don't agree with us 100% of the time.

[CUT about hunting]

Now, if they aren't doing any GNOME work and all they talk about it
non-free, non-GNOME software, that's different.

Stormy

I agree with Stormy here:

People can choose to have a tag on "english", which is what I did
because some people complained about my Dutch posts and this was
proposed by the planet maintainers as resolution.

But for example Lionel Dricot, a French speaking Belgian, told us in
this thread that he enjoys reading Reinhout's Dutch posts (Reinhout is
from the Netherlands) to practice his Dutch knowledge.

This is just to illustrate what going "full monty" on "gnome" tags will
have as impact. It would change the entire philosophy of the planet. The
same philosophy that made it a success would be changed into a cold one.

I'm against the proposal because the planet is doing just fine. Why is
that so hard for some people to accept?

In fact, I must confess that phrase from Stormy escaped my quick skimming of the whole flame, I don't agree with that PoV as I'll explain below.

I was just suggesting a simpler course of action which I voluntary opt to when I'm invited or when I ask for inclusion at some planet. Themed planets I'm in only get my related posts.

This is because, IMHO, if you want to follow the person, you can always do so from their own RSS, but (again, IMHO), themed planets should have articles from many people, but mostly related to the theme of the planet.

Otherwise, with the point of view Stormy (and others) has over the planet, eventually one participant's post, or even himself, will press someone else's buttons, and this kind of things come up again, and again and again :|

In fact, many posts from many of the participants bore *me* to death and I miss older times. Of course I can skip them, but then one could wonder why is there a GNOME planet at all :)

Rui