On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 1:05 PM, Richard Stallman <r...@gnu.org> wrote:

>    Maemo/Moblin/MeeGo use GNOME and we are proud of that. Of course, we
> always
>    encourage organizations and projects to use more free software but we
> should
>    not ostracise them because they don't use 100% free software.
>
> It is not a matter of ostracizing anyone.  We are glad that they use
> GNOME, but we must not say we are entirely happy about them as long as
> they contain non-free programs.

But we are closely associated with these organizations. (Your original email
said we should make sure we are not closely associated with them.)

There are lots of people and companies that I'm not entirely happy with.
Everyone's got their particularities and their bad habits, me included. I
can still be proud of them and enjoy working with them. I don't have to
avoid associating with everyone who might not 100% agree with me.

The GNOME Foundation is the same way. We partner with companies that have
similar goals as us but they may not share all of our goals and we may not
share all of their goals. Partnering with them and working closely with them
does not mean that we espouse every belief they have.

Stormy