On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 11:02 AM, Olivier Sessink <
oliv...@bluefish.openoffice.nl> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> My name is Olivier Sessink, and I'm a new member of the GNOME foundation.
> I live in the Netherlands.

Welcome!

> I've been working for a long time on the sidelines of the gnome project.
> I've been programming gtk applications since 1996, the most well known
> application is the Bluefish editor.

I've used that it's quite good and very popular software.

> In my daytime I work for a large governement organisation where we deploy
> a gnome based desktop. With a large implementation you sometimes hit funny
> limits (who needs 2500 printers in the gnome printer dialog ?). Since few
> developers have the chance to test their software in such a large
> implementation I try blog about such issues and notify the developers.

I was thinking of setting up a gnome integration mailing list to exchange
ideas about how to deploy GNOME in a large corporate or government
environment, schools and so forth.  Is that something you would be
interested in?

And welcome to the foundation!  I'm glad you applied!

sri