Hello Tobias!

Currently the description goes under a section called "About xxx" where xxx
is the name of the mailing list. For this list the description is:

"This is a forum for discussion relating to the GNOME Foundation. For
information relating to the GNOME Foundation, please see the following
link:

https://live.gnome.org/Foundation/Charter";

which I think can be elaborated to the likes of:

"This is a forum for discussion relating to the workings of GNOME
Foundation as an organization. You can post questions/queries about it's
administration, purview of activities, events/conferences that concern it
(that is, where GNOME is involved or being promoted) and related matters.
For help regarding GNOME and it's applications see: gnome-shell,
gnome-love..."

Such a description should be more elaborate in explaining the mailing
list's intention, I think.

Thank you.

-Sindhu