I was suggested to give [1] a try and honestly speaking it really looks
like a good alternative to the current forums at worldofgnome.org with a
big plus: the platform will be maintained by the GNOME Sysadmin Team and
possibly by a team of moderators.

As a note seems the worldofgnome.org's domain wasn't renewed in time and
the website went down, I'll try and poke Alex about that asap.

cheers,

[1] http://www.discourse.org/

2013/10/14 Christian Persch <c...@gnome.org>

> Hi;
>
> we seem to promote forums.worldofgnome.org as our (semi?)official
> forums: we link to it from the homepage of https://wiki.gnome.org/ under
> 'Communication', and also, more importantly, allow it to use the GNOME
> logo.
>
> However, those forums are overrun with spam:
>
> - *All* of the 'popular tags' (as seen on the right hand sidebar on the
>   forums) are spam words.
>
> - Looking at the list of all 'discussions' at
>   http://forums.worldofgnome.org/discussions shows that the content
>   itself is all spam, as well.
>
> So those forums are of no use to our users. Therefore, I think
> we should remove the link from wiki.g.o to the forums, and we should
> rethink their authorisation to use the GNOME logo.
>
> Regards,
>         Christian

Cheers,

Andrea