Hello all,

This occured to me that when I was reading about Diaspora.
We should run our own Diaspora pod (instance) on GNOME servers. Here are a
few reasons how this move will benefit our community:

   - We would be supporting the use of decentralized social network
   software which is free and open source.
   - We would be bringing GNOME to a growing community of Diaspora users.
   - We would be encouraging existing and the steady stream of new GNOME
   contributors to use FOSS even in social networking, thus truly moving
   towards software freedom.

If there are enough supporters for this idea and if the community agrees, I
am happy to help the sysadmin in putting such a system in place.

Thank you for your time.

-Sindhu