Dear Marina

Thanks for reply my question.

On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 8:55 AM, Marina Zhurakhinskaya
<mari...@redhat.com>wrote:

> [...]
Thanks, it help a lot.

> > ---- Other idea?
> >

> > -- Google Summer of code / Outreach Program for Women
> > ---- What's your plan for GsoC and OPW in Asia?
>
> We should continue to provide materials and encouragement for past OPW and
> GSoC participants to run introduction to free software / GNOME / GSoC / OPW
> sessions and host meetups in their cities throughout the year, so that we
> have more applicants from Asia applying for these programs who have
> experience contributing to free software. There are materials available for
> OpenHatch "Open Source Comes to Campus" and GNOME Newcomers Workshop, which
> can be used for such events.

OpenHatch is a good idea, but it might need non-english interface(website).

I join the OpenHatch and introduce it in Taiwan Campus, but I think it will
be better if it could have different language pages.

I think I might be could contact tryneeds platform
http://tryneeds.westart.tw/tryneeds/ it focus to translate open source
application to Chinese.

> > ---- How many country get GsoC / OPW in Asia? What's your plan for
> promote it
> > with more country in Asia?
>
> Of 39 interns GNOME has this summer, 14 are from India, 1 from China, and
> 1 from Philippines. As I mentioned above, we need to encourage these people
> and other community members to promote the internship programs and help
> people become contributors before they apply.

Agree

> > -- GNOME Foundation member in Asia?
> > ---- How do we know our other member in Asia?( I suggest tobi last year,
> if
> > they want to fill their country when foundation member renew or new )
>
> There is https://wiki.gnome.org/GnomeWorldWide , which we can encourage
> people to fill out. There are also translators, whose information you can
> get from Git or on https://l10n.gnome.org/teams/. Also there are
> localization and regional mailing lists.

I think https://wiki.gnome.org/GnomeWorldWide might not active now, and *GNOME
community at Google Maps
<http://maps.google.com/maps?q=http:%2F%2Fwww.gnome.org%2F~jdub%2Frandom%2FGnomeWorldWide.kml>.
 there is only 1 man there.*
Maybe we could have a wiki page and split it by location, like
http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Ambassadors_list

> > ---- How do we get these member / resource together?
>
> I think you already do a lot of this by organizing GNOME.Asia! Perhaps you
> can have a BoF at the conference to figure out what are the resources you
> want to put together and what are the activities you want to see happen.
>
> > -- Are you interesting to involve Asia event? and how do you involve?
>
> The GNOME Foundation sponsored Sindhu to go to FOSSASIA this year, where
> she ran contributing to GNOME workshop, did a talk about documentation, and
> participated in a panel about women in IT. We should have more people
> proposing talks and going to FOSSASIA next year. We should also have people
> proposing talks and going to LinuxCon Japan. Identifying and participating
> in any other free software conferences in Asia would be great.
>

> > -- Anything you plan with Asia.
>
> Thanks for all the great questions! I'm excited about growing our presence
> in Asia and I'm sure we will succeed.
>
> Marina

Thanks Marina
 ^^