Bastien,

On Fri, Jun 6, 2014 at 10:07 AM, Bastien Nocera <had...@hadess.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 2014-06-06 at 09:27 +0200, Fabiano Fidêncio wrote:
> <snip>
>
> > With or without a good reason, you took the non-polite way to answer.
> > Why? I don't know, seriously.
>
> When discussing such matters, you'll want to take out the sarcasm (which
> you've applied in a few of your answers, it really doesn't help).

Yeah, you're right. It really doesn't help. Sorry about that.

> Furthermore, you've said that "[you] *strongly* imply that the board and
> the travel committee are corrupt". You better come up with proofs of
> that before carrying on this conversation.

And a few lines below I said that I don't think the the Foundation (or the
travel committee) are corrupt.
"(...) Is it corruption? I don't think so."
And that is the reason I completely agreed with you above.

Having been on the board, I can assure you that "preferential treatment"
> does not equate to corruption.

I agree with this.

> I put preferential treatment in quotes
> because that's what it might look like from an outside point of view,
> especially if you've been refused sponsorship for an event. But the fact
> is that somebody who's been in the community for longer, or that's
> already delivered higher-level talks about the project's direction, or
> that's delivered very successful talks is more likely to get sponsorship
> than a person that doesn't have that history.

I also agree with that.
Also, an active contributor should have preference than a person that is
not contributing for so long.
And I had no idea how it works from the TC point of view (and Ekaterina
explained it to me and I understood the explanation).

> So, why do you think the travel committee and the Board are corrupt? Did
> you or a friend of yours get denied sponsorship? Did you ask for the
> reason for refusal?

I do *not* think that TC and the Board are corrupt.
I didn't ask sponsorship and I don't know about my friends situation, this
is not the case at all.

Again, sorry if I gave the wrong impression and please consider these two
things if I did it:
1) I'm not a fluent English speaker (far away from that)
2) As I wrote in my first email, I'm just trying to understand the process,
Germán gave a nice overview and Ekaterina complemented answering the
questions still not clarified.

Best Regards,
--
Fabiano Fidêncio