On Sat, Sep 13, 2014 at 10:44 AM, Sébastien Wilmet <swil...@gnome.org>
wrote:

> It is not explained which organizations sponsor which projects. Do all
> organizations sponsor all OPW interns, regardless of the project (GNOME,
> Linux, Mozilla etc)?

When I was an OPW intern my project was sponsored by Mozilla.

One thing you could do, if you want to have GNOME focus on our developer
tools, is propose/mentor projects related to that for OPW and GSoC this
year.

Another thing you could do is ask companies if they would like to donate to
a fund to pay for building developer tools. If that is, in fact, what you
are interested in here. Maybe you could organize a friends of GNOME
campaign, or ask the board if they can support you in putting together a
different plan to raise money for it.

Meg