> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Sep 26, 2014 at 09:54:29PM +1000, Ali/amjjawad wrote:
>> Is there anything whatsoever we could do? GNOME foundation and Ubuntu
>> Release Team could work more closely, maybe? is there something I/we are
>> not aware of? sorry to assume that - just trying to think the same way our
>> users think - but is it because Ubuntu moved to Unity and left GNOME behind
>> as not the default DE? can we find a way around that?
>
> Ubuntu GNOME can help the Debian GNOME packaging, and then take those
> packages. GNOME 3.14 is already in Debian sid. But maybe some Ubuntu
> software will not work well with the latest GTK+.
>
> I think the GNOME Foundation cannot really help.
>
> my 2 cents,
> Sébastien

Hello,

I saw Vincent's presentation once that said that Red Hat hired any
GNOME's contributors.
Please don't see it as Ubuntocentric point of view. Personally I use
openSUSE 13.1. It ships with GNOME 3.10. Our next release will ship
with GNOME 3.14. So I miss one version. Our openSUSE developers made a
repository (just like Ubuntu's PPA) to use GNOME 3.12.

Having said that, let the GNOME developers do their job and all
distros can follow the release cycle.

Have phun,
Stathis

--
http://www.iosifidis.gr    http://linkedin.eiosifidis.info/

Great leaders don't tell you what to do...They show you how it's done.
Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts...absolutely.