> > This is not a complicated process, it is fairly clear and transparent
> > (especially when compared with the alternative). What is the problem with
> > using It?
> There is none.
>
> > At the moment we are talking about whether it is justifiable to tell all
> > successful interns that they are not eligible for membership
> We're not.
>
> Problem solved. Next.

Really? GNOME have no role in this statement which went out to the OP and
GSoC intern lists in August of 2014?[1]  Before denying this is a practice
again, draw your attention to the last line which says" If you only started
contributing to GNOME after February 2014, we ask that you continue
contributing for another half a year before applying
http://www.gnome.org/foundation/membership/apply/";. The problem cannot be
solved if this continues to be the message going out about GNOME membership
eligibility. That message is not a true reflection of GNOME's actually
rules on membership eligibility.

[1] https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-soc-list/2014-August/msg00000.html