Hi all,

GNOME was accepted for GSoC and is participating in Outreachy! \\o//

Thanks to mentors who've already listed GSoC project ideas! We currently only
have four GSoC ideas, which are still open to new applicants, so please
consider adding your idea if you are willing to mentor this summer [1].

Because we only usually have a few participants in Outreachy, we only offer
projects that are most strategic for GNOME through it. These include, but are
not limited to, projects in the area of privacy [2], developer experience, GTK+
[3], core experience, core applications [4], and web infrastructure. Please add
your coding and non-coding ideas for Outreachy on its page [5]. You can put the
same coding idea both on GSoC and Outreachy ideas pages.

In the next 3 weeks, prospective applicants are asked to work with mentors on
making relevant contributions and putting together a project proposal [6] [7].

Everyone, please help us spread the word about both opportunities by
encouraging people personally to apply, posting on social networks, sending the
information to the university departments and technology groups, and posting
the flyers on university campuses or handing them out at conferences. Sample
e-mail, sample social network updates, and flyers are available on the spread
the word page [8].

Thanks,
Marina

[1] https://wiki.gnome.org/Outreach/SummerOfCode/2015/Ideas