On Fri, 2015-04-03 at 16:50 +0200, Andre Klapper wrote:
> On Fri, 2015-04-03 at 07:03 -0400, Richard Stallman wrote:
> >   > You're consistently calling out people on their imprecision
> > when using
> >   > Linux instead of GNU/Linux, yet you seem to often spell GNOME
> > in an
> >   > incorrect manner. GNOME is our trademark and it's spelled in
> > caps. I
> >   > know you usually pay attention to details, so I'd appreciate
> > if you
> >   > could pay attention to this one as well.
> >
> > Thank you.  I will try to remember.
> >
> > Note that I'm not the only person who has posted messages saying
> > "Gnome".
>
> Yeah, but you are the only person on this list constantly requesting
> please put a "GNU/" prefix in front of the word "Linux" no matter
> what
> the actual topic of the corresponding thread is, creating
> uninteresting
> noise for basically everybody on this mailing list who know already
> anyway except for the original poster and maybe two more folks.
> "Unfortunately" your on-topic postings can be quite interesting and
> insightful, so I don't want to ignore just all of your emails.
>
> But as you expect others to be highly interested in spelling details
> (you are very free to disagree on my choice of words here), you
> might be
> expected to put in the same amount of efforts.

I've had a rather short discussion with the list moderators, and, when
I mentioned that we should filter out mails containing clippy-style "I
think you mean GNU/Linux", I was told:
> I'm strongly against censoring people's mails.
I would argue that one's freedom stops where other people's start. I
shouldn't have to put with this type of trolling on GNOME lists.

So I'm leaving this list.

Cheers