> People can do as they like on their own systems and resources, but when
> participating in the GNOME community, they should do so with respect.
> Refusing to exclude anyone is itself an exclusionary policy; it selects
> for the kind of people who will put up with absolutely anything, and
> excludes people who do not feel comfortable in such an environment.
> That creates a kind of community that I would not want to see GNOME
> become; there are too many of those already, because there are too many
> projects unwilling to kick out awful people.

I suspect we might actually agree if we debated this properly, but I think
you're right and we should try not to digress too much. Just to say, I
probably could have worded that a bit better: An "objectionable a-hole" or
"awful person" might not mean the same thing to you as it does to me, so we
probably ought to be a bit careful about defining behaviours in those terms.

Magdalen