Anyone tried putting the global routing table into a VRF on an XMR? It appears as though the max # of routes supported is 262K or so, which won't last long of course. Do folks generally do 'internet routing' in the default VRF instead? I've got a multi-service network (VRFs, VLLs, VPLS, IPv6 in future) and the only thing that has been in the default VRF are my core OSPF and BGP sessions, which are used to build LSPs for my MPLS transport layer. If I was to put the global routing table in the default VRF, my core routing 'stuff' would be exposed somewhat, which naturally is undesireable. The reason for wanting the full table is to offer it to end customers (I know, I could multi-hop them elsewhere) and simply to make smarter routing decisions closer to the edge of the network. How have other folks been doing this? Or do they simply have a physically separate network for Internet purposes and do MPLS stuff on a different one? Any experiences would be appreciated.
David
