Hello,
I'd like to connect two CE-switches that speak 802.1q tagged vlans (1untagged, 5 and 10 tagged) with each other over a MPLS core. Mpls always wants to use vlan-tag it receives on the port of the PE router to identify individual vll or vpls-services. How can I turn this off? I simply want to carry all the traffic including the tags over the cloud to the edge router. Network map: Customer-Switch-1(CE) === vlan tags 1, 5 and 10 ==== Netiron-XMR-1(PE) -----MPLS CORE---- Netiron-XMR-2-(PE) === vlan tags 1, 5 and 10 === Customer-Switch 2 (CE) I'm using Netiron XMR routers and am willing to use either vll or vpls - it doesn't really matter. I've already tried to configure the port as untagged on the XMR but the result is that the untagged default vlan works but the vlan 5 and 10 are getting lost. It would be simple to configure multiple VPLS end-points - one for each vlan - but I don't want to configure each vlan the customer uses on his customer switch on my MPLS core? Example: vpls VPLS-between-customer-switches max-mac 1024 vpls-peer 10.10.10.2 vpls-mtu 1522 vlan 1 untagged ethe 1/3 vlan 5 tagged eth 1/3 vlan 10 tagged eth 1/3 ["vc-mode tagged" didn't help] It would also be simple if the CE-device was able to use double tagging but unfortunately it doesn't L In my case the CE-device is a simple HP procurve switch that has several tagged vlans and the untagged default vlan configured on one port. I'm thinking on something like: vll VLL-between-customer-switches 10001 vll-mtu 1522 vll-peer 10.10.10.2 untag e 1/3 But this doesn't work L as all tags are getting lost. What's the optimal way to achieve the transport of all 802.1tagged vlans without configuring them on the MPLS core? Thanks guys Gunther
_______________________________________________ foundry-nsp mailing list [email protected] http://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/foundry-nsp
