I'm kinda wondering why the MTU i set so low in ever instance? Is there some
sort of hardware constraint to setting it to maximum 9216 ? If there isn't
what is the harm ? You enable jumbo-frames and faster transfer rates over
longer distances if people buy this service from you.

Tag type dosen't matter imho. Just a way for you to diffrentiate the
service. The switch should to my knowledge support 88a8 over 88a8 or 8100 or
8100.
// Andreas

On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 1:06 AM, Eric Helm <[email protected]> wrote:

>
>
> On 6/24/2010 1:42 PM, Grady Neely wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I would like to send many Q-in-Q VLANS across a VPLS instance.  I really
> do not care what the tags are, I essentially want a transparent service,
> that preserves the same tags from ingress on the egress ports of the VPLS
> instance.
> >
> > What is the best way to do this?
> >
> > Should I set the tag-type on the VPLS instance to 9100 (the CE traffic is
> using 8100 for both tags) and set the port to untagged in the VPLS?
> >
> > Is this how to carry multiple VLANS across implicitly in a MLX?
> >
> > Does this work for double and single tagged traffic?
> >
> > What about untagged traffic?
> >
> > What should the VC mode be set to, raw or tagged?
> >
> > Thank you!
> >
>
> I'd use 88A8 as the tag-type per 802.1ad and MEF standards.
>
> Here is a config that works for me:
>
> tag-type 88a8 ethe 3/18
>
> router mpls
>  vpls Q-in-Q 100
>  vpls-mtu 2000
>  vlan 100
>   untagged ethe 3/18
>
> This allows for proper Q-in-Q with the default VC mode of raw.
> In my case raw mode seems to fit fine, but I'm not too clear on when to
> use tagged mode.
>
> Perhaps someone can explain better when to use tagged mode vs. raw mode.
>
> /Eric
> _______________________________________________
> foundry-nsp mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/foundry-nsp
>
_______________________________________________
foundry-nsp mailing list
[email protected]
http://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/foundry-nsp

Reply via email to