I would suggest always setup so that you a route-map based on community or a
simple one that don't allow RCF1918 and default. Every routing engineer that
peers on the IX around the globe have a maximum prefix set or some sort of
route-map filtering. Else they are not worth the name of routing engineers
=)

On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 2:28 AM, Niels Bakker
<[email protected]>wrote:

> * [email protected] (Brad Fleming) [Mon 28 Jun 2010, 22:39 CEST]:
>
>  We're running NetIron XMRs on IronWare 4.0.01d. I was wondering if there's
>> a way to:
>> (1) disable SNMP traps for a single BGP peer
>>
>
> Not that I'm aware of, but I can see the need for such an option
>
>
>
>  (2) limit the number of prefixes I SEND to the neighbor (like the reverse
>> of "neighbor x.x.x.x maximum-prefix")
>>
>
> Write a route-map or a prefix-list or a distribute-list and apply it to the
> peer.  I don't think any vendor offers a safety belt + training wheels here.
>
>
>        -- Niels.
>
> --
> _______________________________________________
> foundry-nsp mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/foundry-nsp
>
_______________________________________________
foundry-nsp mailing list
[email protected]
http://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/foundry-nsp

Reply via email to