Hi all, Anyone having intermittency problems with dns slb specially with dig and nslookup on the vip?
While on real server there is no problem. My healthcheck: -no L3 -i got dns_query turned on querying for www.google.com Any ideas? Thanks. Emmanuel On 8/1/10, [email protected] <[email protected]> wrote: > Send foundry-nsp mailing list submissions to > [email protected] > > To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit > http://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/foundry-nsp > or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to > [email protected] > > You can reach the person managing the list at > [email protected] > > When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific > than "Re: Contents of foundry-nsp digest..." > > > Today's Topics: > > 1. Re: traffic-policy reporting (Nick Morrison) > 2. ACLs and BI-RX (Chuck Ufarley) > 3. Dual-Mode vlan id (Gary H) > 4. Re: Dual-Mode vlan id (Sujith) > 5. Re: Dual-Mode vlan id (Raoul Bhatia [IPAX]) > > > ---------------------------------------------------------------------- > > Message: 1 > Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 16:38:37 +0000 > From: Nick Morrison <[email protected]> > To: Peter Kranz <[email protected]> > Cc: [email protected] > Subject: Re: [f-nsp] traffic-policy reporting > Message-ID: <[email protected]> > Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii > > On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 12:12:39PM -0700, Peter Kranz said: >> I would like to be able to graph the traffic handled by a named >> traffic policy; i.e. I can't really get much useful data out of the >> show stat traffic-policy report since it does not provide packet per >> second level data, only total bytes.. > > You could use munin. Grab that output every 5 minutes and munin will > graph it easily. You can use rancid to run the command without having > to write an Expect script. > > There is probably also an SNMP OID you can query.. check the SNMP MIB > reference for your switch. > > Good luck! > > Nick > > > ------------------------------ > > Message: 2 > Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 13:51:17 -0700 > From: Chuck Ufarley <[email protected]> > To: [email protected] > Subject: [f-nsp] ACLs and BI-RX > Message-ID: > <[email protected]> > Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" > > Hey all-- > I'm get this error message when I load an ACL on multiple ports of a card on > a BI-RX: > > Dynamic Log Buffer (1000 lines): > Jul 29 14:42:36:I:Failed to allocate Traffic Conditioner resource > Jul 29 14:42:36:I:Failed to allocate Traffic Conditioner resource > Jul 29 14:42:36:I:Failed to allocate Traffic Conditioner resource > Jul 29 14:42:36:I:Failed to allocate Traffic Conditioner resource > > When I put an ACL on one port, no problem. Applying another ACL to a port > on the same line card, and I get the above. Can anyone give me some advice > on what may be the cause of this? > > Thanks much. > > --Chuck > -------------- next part -------------- > An HTML attachment was scrubbed... > URL: > <https://puck.nether.net/pipermail/foundry-nsp/attachments/20100730/bf09d38c/attachment-0001.html> > > ------------------------------ > > Message: 3 > Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 20:09:14 -0400 > From: Gary H <[email protected]> > To: [email protected] > Subject: [f-nsp] Dual-Mode vlan id > Message-ID: > <[email protected]> > Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" > > I'm using Dual-Mode on user interfaces and I didn't assign a vlan id so it > is using the DEFAULT-VLAN. > > I have voice traffic assigned with voice-vlan ##. > > My trunk carries the voice traffic but the data get stuck somewhere. Does > the Dual-Mode need to be assigned a vlan id so that it can be a tagged trunk > port member because DEFAULT-VLAN no longer has the port available once it > gets added to the voice vlan as a tagged port. > -------------- next part -------------- > An HTML attachment was scrubbed... > URL: > <https://puck.nether.net/pipermail/foundry-nsp/attachments/20100730/d79a7f4a/attachment-0001.html> > > ------------------------------ > > Message: 4 > Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2010 09:47:15 +0530 > From: Sujith <[email protected]> > To: Gary H <[email protected]> > Cc: [email protected] > Subject: Re: [f-nsp] Dual-Mode vlan id > Message-ID: > <[email protected]> > Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" > > On Sat, Jul 31, 2010 at 5:39 AM, Gary H <[email protected]> wrote: > >> I'm using Dual-Mode on user interfaces and I didn't assign a vlan id so it >> is using the DEFAULT-VLAN. >> >> I have voice traffic assigned with voice-vlan ##. >> >> My trunk carries the voice traffic but the data get stuck somewhere. Does >> the Dual-Mode need to be assigned a vlan id so that it can be a tagged >> trunk >> port member because DEFAULT-VLAN no longer has the port available once it >> gets added to the voice vlan as a tagged port. >> > > Yes you should. Are you doing any inter-Vlan routing? Configure some data > Vlan and trunk it to the interface and your problem will get resolved. > > Thanks > -Sujith > -------------- next part -------------- > An HTML attachment was scrubbed... > URL: > <https://puck.nether.net/pipermail/foundry-nsp/attachments/20100731/0e5a8f9b/attachment-0001.html> > > ------------------------------ > > Message: 5 > Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2010 10:37:43 +0200 > From: "Raoul Bhatia [IPAX]" <[email protected]> > To: Gary H <[email protected]> > Cc: [email protected] > Subject: Re: [f-nsp] Dual-Mode vlan id > Message-ID: <[email protected]> > Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 > > On 07/31/2010 02:09 AM, Gary H wrote: >> I'm using Dual-Mode on user interfaces and I didn't assign a vlan id so >> it is using the DEFAULT-VLAN. >> >> I have voice traffic assigned with voice-vlan ##. >> >> My trunk carries the voice traffic but the data get stuck somewhere. >> Does the Dual-Mode need to be assigned a vlan id so that it can be a >> tagged trunk port member because DEFAULT-VLAN no longer has the port >> available once it gets added to the voice vlan as a tagged port. > > > what we do: > > # assign the port to the vlans > vlan 123 name data > tag e 1 > > vlan 456 name voice > tag e 1 > > # allow untagged/dual mode for data vlan > int e 1 > dual-mode 123 > > > is that what you need? > > cheers, > raoul > -- > ____________________________________________________________________ > DI (FH) Raoul Bhatia M.Sc. email. [email protected] > Technischer Leiter > > IPAX - Aloy Bhatia Hava OG web. http://www.ipax.at > Barawitzkagasse 10/2/2/11 email. [email protected] > 1190 Wien tel. +43 1 3670030 > FN 277995t HG Wien fax. +43 1 3670030 15 > ____________________________________________________________________ > > > ------------------------------ > > _______________________________________________ > foundry-nsp mailing list > [email protected] > http://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/foundry-nsp > > End of foundry-nsp Digest, Vol 90, Issue 15 > ******************************************* > -- Sent from my mobile device Regards, Emmanuel Muncal, ECE http://framesofanemn.blogspot.com -----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK----- Version: 3.12 GE d- s: a28- C++++ UL++ P L++ E--- W++ N+ o-- K- w O+ M- V-- PS+ PE+ Y PGP- t 5+ X+ R* tv+ b+ DI++ D- G e++ h---- r+++ y+++ ------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------ _______________________________________________ foundry-nsp mailing list [email protected] http://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/foundry-nsp
