* [email protected] (Chuck Ufarley) [Fri 06 Aug 2010, 18:58 CEST]:
I'm having trouble upgrading to the late 4.1xxx code and the 5.xxx code on the NI-MLX. Anyone else getting this error on attempting to reboot?

NetIron MLX-4 Router#reload
Checking for coherence...

Image coherence check: Can't open startup config file. Warning: Image coherence check skipped due to insufficient info: MP/LP not booting from flash.
Are you sure? (enter 'y' or 'n'):

**********************

It's odd, because if I enter the boot system flash primary command and save the config, the problem goes away, but I've never had to do that before. Is it now a requirement to perform a coherence check before reloading?

Yes, it got introduced a while ago. I guess I wasn't the only one who kept forgetting to upgrade/downgrade FPGA code when inserting a new module or an RMA'd one into a switch and have things not work in weird ways. Saving the config should be enough, though, I don't have any boot commands on my MLXen. And you can actually ignore the warning if you want to, it's not necessarily an error, otherwise you wouldn't be able to do "erase startup-config"/"reload".


        -- Niels.

--
_______________________________________________
foundry-nsp mailing list
[email protected]
http://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/foundry-nsp

Reply via email to