Hi George,
We once had a similar issue, and that was caused by a faulty 4X10G XMR Module. Have you checked that you have valid PBIF, XPP and XGMAC versions on all 10GE modules in the ring? Can you pass normal (non-mrp) traffic across that ring without problems. Do you have a topology group and member-vlans attached to that metro-ring? If yes, double check that the topology group is equally configured on all nodes. You might want to enable byte accounting on the MRP master vlan on all nodes or try the "dm metro-rhp" debug command to get more information from the nodes. Best regards Jan Pedersen Senior Network Specialist D: +45 7730 2932 M: +45 2550 7321 From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Heath Jones Sent: 11. september 2010 21:39 To: George B. Cc: foundry-nsp Subject: Re: [f-nsp] Odd MRP problem Hi George I'm really quite a newbie when it comes to MRP. RHP rcvd / sent = 8.22 (close to 8). Is that worth noting? If the ring ID was different on all 4 devices, not converging so sending out both interfaces, that would mean that each device should show 8 times(ish) the figure of what is sending out?? Packet captures might be the way to go, if we can find the protocol spec from foundry.. Heath On 11 September 2010 20:02, George B. <[email protected]> wrote: See this diagram for reference: http://tinypic.com/r/kb93lj/7 This is pretty simple. I have one vlan in an MRP ring through 4 MLX units. I configure the master, and it works as expected. I then configure the members. The problem is when the last "member" (non-master) is configured in the ring, the master begins to receive thousands of RHP and TC RBPDUs per second. It doesn't matter which one is the last member configured but as soon as I enable RHP on that last member, the count of RHP and TC RBPDUs goes haywire. Here is what my master currently shows: RHPs sent RHPs rcvd TC RBPDUs rcvd 509883 4193162 3684318 As you can see, it has sent about a half a million RHPs but received over 4 million of them! Only one unit is configured as "master". As long as I have MRP unconfigured on one of the members, the ring works as expected. There is no spanning tree of any sort running on that vlan. I am just in awe of how RHP packets can seemingly be created in the network somewhere at such an amazing rate! Anyone else seen anything like this? It is just plain wacky! George _______________________________________________ foundry-nsp mailing list [email protected] http://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/foundry-nsp
_______________________________________________ foundry-nsp mailing list [email protected] http://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/foundry-nsp
