Hi, we also that problem on FESX some years ago (nice if you try to connect to an internet exchange via such a switch). try "no vlan-dynamic-discovery"
Don't wonder, CLI (at least on FESX) does not suggest that command but it works. best regards Rolf > Hello list, > > I do have a simple question. I hope I find some pointers from some of you. > > The problem lies on our FESX and FI4802 switches. The FESX is running > L2 code (SXS05100c.bin) and the FI4802 is runing L2/L3 code > (BL308001t.bin). The setup is as simple as follows: > > - FESX has VLANs 111 and 222 tagged to port 5 > - FI4802 has VLANs 111 and 222 tagged to port 5 + ve interface for VLAN > 222. > - Port 5 on both switches are interconnected. > > In this setup, I should expect the MAC address of the FI4802 ONLY in > VLAN 222 because that is where the VE interface is configured, however, > I always see the MAC address in BOTH VLAN 111 and 222. I have disabled > the following: > > - STP globally (which should restrict any BPDU packets) > - CDP/FDP on port 5 on both switches which should also restrict any > CDP/FDP messages which could result in MAC address discovery. > > However, all workarounds that I have done are not successful. Is there > anyone experiences the same problem? If so, what would be the trick to > restrict the MAC address discovery in the unintended VLAN? > > Look forward to your response. > > -- > Dana > > > > _______________________________________________ > foundry-nsp mailing list > [email protected] > http://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/foundry-nsp > _______________________________________________ foundry-nsp mailing list [email protected] http://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/foundry-nsp
