I'm currently working with Brocade to figure out what is going wrong when turning on the route-only on the specific interface.
For the remaining 10% CPU LP load we have seen that a lot of ICMPv6 packets are hitting the CPU for what appears to be neighbor discovery. This is allowed traffic on the AMS-IX vlan, but I find it hard to believe that it's supposed to give me 10% load on the CPU LP. I never had such issue with an old jetcore router. Maybe there are others on this list connected to AMS-IX with either a CER or MLX and able to share their CPU LP load and port configuration? Kind regards, Bardo Cornelissen Caveo Internet BV http://www.caveo.nl -----Oorspronkelijk bericht----- Van: Eldon Koyle [mailto:[email protected]] Verzonden: maandag 20 oktober 2014 17:33 Aan: Bardo Cornelissen CC: [email protected] Onderwerp: Re: [f-nsp] Unexpected CPU load on NetIron CER Are you using PIM or some other multicast routing, by chance? We had some nasty issues where even small amounts of multicast would send the LP cpu to 50% on our MLX routers. You might want to try the latest 5.5 release and see if that helps. -- Eldon Koyle -- The solution of problems is the most characteristic and peculiar sort of voluntary thinking. -- William James On Oct 20 10:28+0200, Bardo Cornelissen wrote: > Hi folks, > > > > I have recently installed a NetIron CER 2024F-4X and at implementation > I saw relatively high CPU levels when using "route-only" on > specifically an 10G (AMS-IX Exchange) port. "sh cpu lp" showed values > at around 50% and icmp traffic on the router ip showed packetloss. > When I turn of "route-only" the cpu utilization drops to 9-10% and stays stable. > > > > I still find these values high. We previously used an old jetcore > router with the same settings and that had a stable 1% > cpu-utilization. It feels some sort of traffic is causing load on the > cpu but so far I've not been able to track down the issue. Has anyone seen similar behavior? > > > > IronWare : Version 5.5.0cT183 Copyright (c) 1996-2013 Brocade > Communications Systems, Inc. > > > > #sh cpu lp > > > > 10:27:24 GMT+01 Mon Oct 20 2014 > > > > SLOT #: LP CPU UTILIZATION in %: > > in 1 second: in 5 seconds: in 60 seconds: in 300 seconds: > > 1: 10 9 9 9 > > 2: 10 9 9 9 > > > > Kind regards, > > > > Bardo Cornelissen > > > > Caveo Internet BV > > <http://www.caveo.nl/> http://www.caveo.nl > > _______________________________________________ > foundry-nsp mailing list > [email protected] > http://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/foundry-nsp _______________________________________________ foundry-nsp mailing list [email protected] http://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/foundry-nsp
