We‘re testing the SLX for a while now but figured that quite a bit of the wheel
got reinvented, or, to be more precise, the new wheel is only halfway round as
of today.

Any suggestions for $other_vendor? I actually liked the hardware of the SLX -
24*10G and 12*100G.

Meanwhile, BGP4 aggregation is our new buddy... #LifeBeyond750k.

--
Fredy Kuenzler
Init7 (Switzerland) Ltd.

http://www.init7.net/

> Am 28.01.2019 um 22:06 schrieb i3D.net - Martijn Schmidt
> <martijnschm...@i3d.net>:
>
> I think everyone is phasing out their X-scalability hardware in anticipation
> of the global routing table growing larger than 786k IPv4 routes. These boxes
> don't have a long life ahead of them as a DFZ router, unless you only use
> X2-scalability cards in your chassis.. and with operators essentially being
> forced to upgrade to a completely different platform (SLX or $other_vendor),
> Brextreme's advantage of being the incumbent vendor in the network is pretty
> much completely negated.
>
> Finally, as a BDA, let me tell you that being stabbed in the back when it
> comes to my certification record has not benefited my opinion of the new
> owner(s) of the Brocade diaspora. Why they decided to not only pull the plug
> on the entire Brocade education program, but also delete the historical
> certification database from CertMetrics, is beyond me. It has become
> impossible to check the validity of years' worth of Brocade credentials.
>
> Best regards,
> Martijn
>
>> On 28 January 2019 21:35:56 CET, Youssef Bengelloun-Zahr
>> <benge...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Nope, just very little chatter.
>>
>> BR.
>>

>>> Le 28 janv. 2019 à 20:32, joe mcguckin <j...@via.net> a écrit :
>>>
>>> Is there a new list for Foundry/Brocade/Extreme?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> joe
>>>

>>> Joe McGuckin
>>> ViaNet Communications