Title: RE: CP60, old and new FBM type

Yes you can, but you have to replace the fieldbus isolators with FBI10E.
There is at the moment an issue with the comms between the old style (268kbaud) fieldbus and the new ethernet based fieldbus.

If you are running your CP60/ECBs/FBMs at 0.5 second and you don't mind having System alarms every so many seconds then it's ok to go to for CP60s. Otherwise stick with CP30B or CP40.

If you are running your CP60/ECBs/FBMs at 0.1 second you have to be prepared to see some negative effects on your process as well as System alarms and a good deal of overruns.

We were running fast positioning and sampling equipment controlled by CP30Bs at 0.1 BPC and everybody was happy.
Then Foxboro stopped supplying CP30Bs leaving us with no alternative but to buy CP60s for our expansions and dropping out the CP30Bs at the same time. The deal looked good but we now have a very flaky control system.

To run reliably at 0.1 BPC we had to disable one fieldbus, which means the system is not very secure!

Another thing that puzzled us for a while was 'Acknowledged returned alarms" not disappearing from the alarm page and only on one WP?!? after the upgrade to 6.2.1

It turned out to be a new feature in the Group Assignment in the CP60.

Our group assignment looked like this:

DV1:LP00
DV2:C0WP01
DV3:C0WP02
DV4:C0WP03
DV5:C0WP04
DV6:C0WP05
DV7:CSTAMI
DV8:c0hs01

And the problem showed up on C0WP01. When I removed C0WP01 the problem shifted to C0WP02!
Shifting LP00 to the bottom solved this problem!!!

Or maybe I should have followed Alex's idea, but answered the simple question with a simple "NO"

WHICH PART OF "NO" DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND??? :-)

Cheers,

Frits Schouten.
Principal Engineer,
BHP-NZSteel.