        From:   John Metsker [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
        Sent:   Friday, February 09, 2001 7:50 PM
        To:     'Foxboro DCS Mail List'
        Subject:        RE: SNMP

        At General Mills, we use HP IT/0 (aka IT/Operations, now known as
Vantage Point Operations) which is part of the Openview management suite of
products.

        We have agent software running on every Foxboro Sun machine we have
(AP's, AW's, AW Int's, or WP's) throughout the company and centrally monitor
such things such as file system capacities, CPU and swap utilization, and
relevant messages from the /var/adm/messages file.

        John Metsker
        General Mills Inc.