Dave and Tim,

I have already installed and am using Netscape Navigator 4.72 for Solaris
2.5.1 and it does the job.  Only one major problem with it is that the
entire Solaris file system is not secure.  The user can surf through the
entire file system by entering "/" in the location bar and then browsing
from the root directory.  Also by using the FILE...SAVE_AS function from the
menu bar, the user can overwrite any writable file with the contents of the
displayed HTML page.  This is because Netscape is running as root.  I've
tried to secure it by 'chroot'ing Netscape but haven't been successful.
Windows versions of Netscape are capable of running in a "Kiosk" mode where
the toolbars and hot keys can be disabled but unfortunately this is not yet
available in UNIX versions. I was hoping to find an easier way of displaying
our help files or maybe you have already found a solution to Netscape's
security problem.  Any other ideas would be appreciated.

Dan

Dan Karppi CCST
Falconbridge Limited
Smelter Complex