 -----Original Message-----
From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]  On Behalf Of Darryl Bond
Sent:   Monday, March 25, 2024 10:02 PM
To:     Foxboro DCS Mail List
Subject:        Re: C compiler

Roger Smith wrote:

> I recently downloaded the gethist utilities from the site, made some
> modifications to gethist.c and tried to compile.  I'm getting errors from
> the linker for undefined symbols in the Foxboro historian library file.
I'm
> using gcc, the Gnu C compiler, which is new to me.  I have previously used
> Sun's compiler.  I even tried to compile some programs that had previously
> compiled fine under Sun C, but they also now have undefined symbol
problems
> from the linker.  Any suggestions.

Hello Roger,
I wrote the code in question originally. What version of Foxboro are you
running?
It was written for V4.1 to V4.3. There was some mods done to the Makefile to
support later versions. I am told it works fine on V6 (I can't try it as we
don't have V6).
Earlier versions had different link libraries. I suspect that this is where
you
will need to look.
Check the Makefile and modify to suit.

Does the code compile before your changes?

I would be interested in looking at your changes and perhaps roll them in.

Darryl Bond