I think Foxboro's inclination for that support is Micro I/A which also talks ethernet
and, I believe, is much less expensive.

-----Original Message-----
From: Schouten, Frits JF [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2001 11:13 PM
To: Foxboro DCS Mail List (E-mail)

Hello all,

we are faced with the fact that Foxboro is throwing out the MB+ gateways and we are in
the middle of setting up more MODBUS+ connections to our Foxboro systems. This is a
problem.

Now here is a thought.
A CP60 talks ethernet, right? Modicon PLC's talk ethernet, right? How about tying the
two together and have the CP60 programmed to talk to the Modocon PLC. Wouldn't that be
wonderful.
Imagine the throughput we could achieve.

Can Foxboro come to the party please!!!!

Frits Schouten
Process Computing Department

B New Zealand Steel
Phone:   +64 +9 375 8111 ext 5261
Email:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]

EOM

NOTICE - This message and any attached files may contain information that is
confidential and/or subject of legal privilege intended only for use by the intended
recipient. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for
delivering the message to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received
this message in error and that any dissemination, copying or use of this message or
attachment is strictly forbidden, as is the disclosure of the information therein.  If
you have received this message in error please notify the sender immediately and
delete the message.

To be removed from this list, send mail to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
with "unsubscribe foxboro" in the Subject. Or, send any mail to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]