-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Lowell, Tim:
Sent: Monday, April 24, 2000 6:26 PM
To: 'Foxboro DCS Mail List'
Subject: Connoisseur

This request should only apply to one or two of you out there, but we need a
little advice, and I'm hoping someone out there can help us:

We are committed to purchasing the Connoisseur package from Foxboro for a
multi-variable control project we are working on.  So far the project is in
the early stages, so we have not settled on a lot of details.   One big
detail that will greatly affect my involvement in the project is what
platform to run Connoisseur on.  We've been batting about the virtues of the
various options, but since none of us have ever used Connoisseur, we really
aren't sure how to proceed.

For the few out there who are using Connoisseur, what platform do you run it
on?  If you run it on an AW51 connected to the nodebus, does this box also
act as a host on a node and does it run any other applications?  If it's not
a host, what bare minimum of Foxboro software licenses does it require to
get on the nodebus?  If it's a separate Unix box, what kind is it and how
did you spec it out and acquire it?  If it's an NT box, is it an AW70?  If
it's an NT and not an AW70, how are you dealing with the issues of
connecting it to the plant information network so as to insure maximum
reliability? Whew, lots of options, lots of questions, and I probably have
only scratched the surface.  I would appreciate any response anyone could
come up with.

Thanks,

Tim